Naples Bicycle Accident Attorney
Helping Injured Cyclists Throughout the Area
When you ride your bicycle to work, to school, to run errands, or for exercise, you expect that drivers around you will be aware of you and respect your right to share the road. Drivers should always be cautious of bicyclists' safety. Unfortunately, distracted, negligent drivers can cause very serious accidents. On a bicycle, you have little to no protection, which is why you may incur severe injuries as a result of an accident.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), at least 55,000 cyclists were injured in accidents significant enough to report, but this probably only accounts for about 10% of all cyclist crashes in the nation. If you have been hit while on your bike, it is important that you speak with a Naples bicycle accident attorney right away. Attorney Ryan Kuhl is here to help.
Common Bike Accident Injuries
The range of injuries you could receive from a cycling accident is quite extensive, including minor injuries that will likely heal on their own to major, life-altering injuries resulting in immense and sometimes life-long pain and suffering.
Just a few examples of many types of bicycle accident-related injuries include:
- Severe concussions
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Serious cuts, scrapes, and abrasions
- Bruised or broken ribs
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries
- Twisted, sprained, or broken ankles
- Broken, fractured, or sprained limbs
What to Do After a Bicycle Accident
If you have been involved in a bicycle accident, there are a number of things you must do immediately and in the days following the crash.
To the best of your ability, take the following steps after the accident:
- Safely move to the side of the road
- Seek medical attention even if you believe you are not seriously injured
- Call 9-1-1 and have paramedics come to the scene if anyone needs emergency attention
- Collect the names, addresses, and insurance information of the people involved in the crash
- Take down specific descriptions of the vehicles involved, such as their color or model
- Talk to any witnesses, take down their statements, and get their contact information
- Take as many photos and videos of the scene as you can
- Obtain the accident report from the police
- Get in touch with a bicycle accident attorney to get powerful advocacy in your case
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
Bicycle accidents can take place nearly anywhere, from busy roads to small side streets, in Naples and throughout Southwest Florida. Being hit by a car while cycling may be something you cannot avoid, even if you are careful.
As an experienced Naples bicycle accident lawyer, Mr. Kuhl has many years of experience representing clients in a wide range of cases involving various causes.
Some of the most common causes of bicycle accidents include:
- Congested roads
- Distracted driving
- Negligent tourist drivers
- Failure to give cyclists enough space
- Unsafe/illegal passing
- Drunk driving
To get started with a free case review with an experienced lawyer, call us at (239) 309-7550.
Understanding Your Rights as a Bicyclist
In the state of Florida, cyclists have rights. Drivers are required to exercise caution when sharing the road with cyclists. If you have been hurt in a bicycle accident, you have rights and should not hesitate to speak with Attorney, Ryan Kuhl. His office is here to assist you in getting the legal help you need to take care of your injuries.
Mr. Kuhl is here to help you obtain compensation for the injuries and damages you have suffered as a result of the accident. These may include medical expenses, lost wages, and property damage to your bicycle or anything that was on your person at the time of the crash. You may also be eligible for non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering.
“A Lawyer for his clients!”- Happy Client