Put Decades of Experience in Your Corner
Florida has over 15 million licensed drivers in the state. Cars are one of the most popular modes of travel. However, when motorists are not careful, they can cause serious harm and injury to others on the road. According to The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles’ latest reports, an average of 401,851 car accidents take place every year in Florida.
In those crashes, 254,484 individuals were injured while 3,150 died. These alarming statistics reveal just how dangerous the roads are here in Florida. Sadly, many of these accidents could have—and should have—been prevented. If you were injured in a car accident in Naples or the nearby areas, turn to The Kuhl Law Firm for the legal representation you need.
Steps to Take after a Car Accident
Unfortunately, no matter how careful you are, at some point, you are likely to get in a car accident. You simply cannot predict when another person might be negligent or careless. When this unfortunate event occurs, it is crucial that you take the proper steps to ensure you receive adequate compensation.
After a car accident, to the best of your ability, do the following:
- Get Medical Attention: The health of you, your passengers, and other drivers is of utmost importance. You should make it a priority to check for injuries and seek medical attention.
- File a Police Report: If your accident resulted in injuries or property damage, be sure to file a report with the police.
- Get the Other Drivers’ Information: You will also want to exchange contact information with the other drivers and seek contact information from any witnesses.
- Document the Accident: Be sure to take pictures of the accident scene, including damage to vehicles and any injuries.
- Contact an Attorney: Do not hesitate to get in touch with an experienced car accident attorney in Naples. Your lawyer can help you navigate every step of the claim process, and even take your matter to court if the insurance company refuses to negotiate for a fair settlement.
In addition to important steps to take after an accident, there are also a few things you should not do after a collision. These include:
- Do Not Leave the Scene of the Crash: Although you may be in a rush, it is important that you do not leave the scene of the accident too soon, especially if someone was injured. Doing so could result in criminal charges being brought against you for hit-and-run.
- Do Not Post About the Crash on Social Media: You will also want to make sure that you do not post anything on social media concerning the accident until your claim is resolved, as what you say could be used against you.
- Do Not Talk to Insurance Adjusters: Do not talk to the insurance company on your own. The better option is to let Mr. Kuhl do the talking for you. He is skilled at negotiating with insurance companies for a maximum settlement.
Should I Hire an Attorney for My Car Accident?
It’s important to speak to an attorney after an accident, even if the accident seems minor for several reasons. First, you may have suffered more serious injuries than you initially believe. Some injuries don’t reveal themselves for a couple days, or sometimes weeks, after an injury is sustained. Additionally, filing a PIP claim can be a complicated process with many things needing to be done in a certain time period in order to receive the benefits entitled to you.
Our attorneys can walk you through this process, so you don’t have to worry about something falling through the cracks. Last, insurance companies are not on your side, they are in the business of protecting their own company’s bottom line. Our firm is dedicated to fighting for the maximum compensation you deserve. We offer free consultations, so you have nothing to lose. Call us today and learn how we can help you.
When to Get an Attorney for a Car Accident
A car accident can be jarring in more than one way. A crash can leave victims seriously injured and can potentially kill those involved. If you or a loved one suffered because of someone else’s negligence, it is important to seek legal help immediately. Too often, drivers make the mistake of solely listening to their insurance company.
Insurance companies are businesses; their first priority is making a profit. As a no-fault state, Florida requires every driver to obtain personal injury protection (PIP). Most car accident attorneys in Naples will tell you that this may not be enough to cover your injuries or the damage done to your car. The recent PIP laws limit how much compensation injury victims can receive.
Some restrictions include:
- It’s possible you will only be eligible for $2,500 of your personal injury protection
- You lose all eligibility for the PIP benefit if you don’t receive medical care within 14 days
In other cases, the other party in the car accident may try to place the blame on you. Comparative negligence is a doctrine that allows the at-fault party to place partial blame on you. Not only can this have serious ramifications on your case, it can also diminish the compensation you obtain.
How Can The Kuhl Law Firm Help?
Our auto accident lawyer in Naples has many years of experience helping injury victims seek the compensation they deserve. He is an expert in his field and understands the law regarding car accidents. He can use his knowledge and experience to start building your case.
Some damages he can help you claim include:
- Medical bills
- Emergency services
- Property damage
- Lost wages
A catastrophic auto accident can leave you in great pain. Don’t allow the other party or insurance company to malign your case. Get the compensation you deserve.
The state of Florida has a four-year statute of limitations on car accident cases. This means you have four years from the date of your accident to file a claim or you may lose your right to pursue compensation. Additionally, if your claim is against a government worker or entity, you have only three years to file a claim against them. According to Florida Statutes section 95.11(3)(a) there are some exceptions to this four-year rule, such as when the injury victim was found legally mentally incapacitated at the time of injury or if the defendant leaves the state of Florida before a claim can be filed. An experienced attorney from The Kuhl Law Firm will be able to inform you if you qualify for an exception to the statute of limitations.
Mr. Kuhl takes the time to get to know his clients. From the initial consultation, he invests in their cases and seeks a positive outcome. Mr. Kuhl’s dedication to pursuing justice and helping injury victims has earned him much recognition. He is AV Preeminent® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® and was listed in Florida Trend Magazine’s Legal Elite. He is also Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Florida Bar, a distinction held by only 1% of all lawyers in the state of Florida. Get an expert on your side.
“A Lawyer for his clients!”- Happy Client